Monday, May 4, 2009

FIRST!

Oh wait...this is my own blog. Right. Well, I'm new to this whole blog thing, but I'm hoping this will will turn into a nifty little spot. I plan to focus on developments in my Christian walk, but if I've really got something to say, expect there to be a little ditty about it here, as well. Posts will be sporadic at best so bear with me.

I'm currently reading The Case for a Creator by Lee Strobel. It's very interesting and, honestly, quite rattling. It talks about Darwinism and evolution and how they hold up against modern science. I'm only a few chapters in so no great details, but after reading a little it's shocking that most textbooks still confirm Darwin's evolution as a truth of sorts when it has been proven to be much the opposite. What are we drilling into our children's heads? I won't spoil anything else. Go read it! It's awesome! I'm also taking part in a bible study by Chuck Missler called Learn The Bible in 24 Hours. It's quite interesting and helping to bolster my faith.

I also had an episode on my last trip back to Greenville from home (Myrtle Beach for those who don't know). I was just listening to my Zune (yes, I have a brain) and started noticing a few songs that weren't Christian by label, but certainly have lyrics that can be interpretted as such. It's just amazing how people who aren't even trying to are getting His message out are certainly doing so! He works in everything! For the curious minds, check out these songs:
  • Goo Goo Dolls - Iris
  • Staind - So Far Away
  • Paramore - We Are Broken
I may add some as I remember/stumble upon others. Isn't it funny how every person is searching for something? A bigger meaning? A happy ending? Love? It's all in the design.

1 comment:

  1. I resent your "I have a brain" comment. I have a brain and I love my iPod. Rude. hahaha :)

    Love the blog! AWESOME thing to blog about. You're so amazing!

    ReplyDelete